If you have small imperfections on the outside of your teeth that are affecting the way that you feel about your smile, you may be wondering what you can do to improve their appearance. An increasing number of patients are turning to veneers – a cosmetic dentistry solution that can transform the appearance of your smile in just a few short visits to your dentist’s office. If you are looking for cosmetic dentistry in Marietta, GA then look no further than Marietta Smile Gallery.
What are veneers?
Veneers are a highly popular service offered as part of a series of treatments that come under the term cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry refers to treatments and procedures that are carried out with the primary intention of changing and improving the appearance of the patient’s smile.
In most instances, veneers are made from high-grade porcelain, although further options including veneers made from composite resin and zirconia are also becoming more widely available. Nevertheless, porcelain veneers are the most commonly provided and have proven to be highly successful. Each veneer, which looks similar in size and thickness to a fingernail, is custom designed to fit each specific tooth you wish to be addressed, and then glazed in a shade that closely resembles your natural teeth. It is possible for a patient to have a single veneer, or in some cases whereby the entire smile is discolored or stained, an entire set. Each is applied individually, enabling your dentist to correct a variety of esthetic problems with your smile, including:
- Covering stains and discoloration, particularly where whitening isn’t possible or has proved unsuccessful
- Small, unsightly gaps between your teeth
- Improving the height of teeth that seem shorter than the others
How are porcelain veneers fitted?
The procedure to fit you with your new porcelain veneers is very simple and straightforward. It is also minimally invasive, and patients should feel no more than a little pressure during and a little sensitivity after their procedure. Nevertheless, in order for the veneers to fit properly and sit flush against your natural teeth without looking unusually thick or artificial, it is first necessary for your dentist to file down some of the natural enamel of your teeth. This is done while you are under the effects of a local anesthetic, so you will not feel any pain. However, since enamel cannot regrow, once the process to remove it so that your veneers can be fitted has begun, you will always require veneers on the affected tooth.
Why choose veneers for your smile enhancement?
Veneers offer patients the following benefits:
- Veneers can cover minor imperfections in the outer enamel of your teeth, such as chips, cracks and other abnormalities.
- Veneers can improve the color of teeth that are discolored or stained.
- Veneers can also cover small gaps between your teeth or make your teeth more uniform in height and thickness.
- Veneers are stain-resistant, meaning that you can retain
- The process to receive veneers is minimally invasive and carries a very low risk of complications.
- Veneers can enhance the strength and durability of your natural teeth.
- Veneers can help patients to achieve a smile that is both natural and attractive.
Here at Marietta Smile Gallery, we are committed to helping you achieve the smile that you have always dreamed of. Please contact our dental offices in Marietta, GA to arrange your confidential consultation and take the first step toward a brighter and more attractive smile.